Friday, February 20, 2015

Which one to choose: Diigo or Pinterest?

     With the development of technology, I believe that many of us have already experienced and are definitely involved in the modern revolution of technology. As a future language teacher, I think that it is important for me to experience abundant technology resources since I will be able to provide more information on language learning for my students. Therefore, I have tried two different Internet tools and would like to share my experience.
     First, Diigo is an Internet tool which provides users with a website to keep bookmarks and multiple tags in their personal "library", and it allows users to highlight text in saved sites. In addition, users are able to follow others and write comments on others' sites as well as bloggers. One convenient feature which Diigo has is that users are able to message others who follow them. This feature really works since as an website user, I am able to get contact with others who may share the same experience with me, or someone who leave comments on my site and I would like to talk more with he/she. This is really a good website for users who would like to keep many online bookmarks and share with others.


     Compared to Diigo, Pinterest is a website which provides visual entries and sharing. Pinterest users are able to create their own boards which are similar to bookmarks in Diigo, and then they could save and share as many pins as they want in their boards. Additionally, users are able to categorize their boards according to their own preference. Same with Diigo, users of Pinterest also are allowed to keep multiple tags and follow others who also have interesting boards. Pinterest really works well since users can "pin" whatever they like and them share all with others. Most importantly, this website is more suitable for visual learners.


     After experiencing these two web tools, there is no doubt that I would like to keep using both of these websites since I could gain different resources and share with different people through these two different Internet tools. And I believe that I would like to develop these tools into my future teaching since I would like to help my students to have more entries of language learning.
     




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review of these two useful tools. I think your future students will benefit from both your use of them and their own use of them.

    ReplyDelete