Thursday, February 5, 2015

How do Blogs Work in Language Learning and Teaching

    From my own experience of English learning, I would like to agree with the thought that motivation is one of the keys which could have great effects on the success of language learning. Therefore, as a future language teacher, how to effectively improve my teaching with more fun and help my students raise their interests could be important elements that I should consider, especially in this Internet era, with the combination of appropriate Internet tools. 
        Blogs could be considered as one efficient tool to help language teachers develop their teaching since it provides various entries for different demands. One way that I think I would like to use blogs in my future teaching is to expand students' access to relevant materials by incorporating links. Blogging is a good choice to add a number of different links to provide students with opportunities to learn something new and what could not learn in a real classroom. For example, if my students have learned something about culture during the class, but they want to know more about culture diversity; therefore, I could post some links for interesting pictures, videos, and articles on blogs. Additionally, I have a chance to make sure that all links work well and my students are on the right track of learning.
       Moreover, using blogs could be one efficient way for me, as a language teacher, to develop my self-reflection on my teaching. I could keep records or write journals about how I design my class, how my class processes, and what do I need to improve for my next teaching. All these information could be recorded on blogs. Additionally, I can receive feedback or comments from other bloggers since some other language teachers who share the same experience with me may also use blogs as a way of reflecting. 


Students read, listen to, view, write about, and discuss texts and performances from a wide range of authors, subjects, and genres.

Students use a variety of oral, print, and electronic forms of social communication and for writing to or for self, applying the conventions of social writing.



       

4 comments:

  1. Hi Shu, I said the same thing with regards to posting links on blogs. Often times there are a ton of great English learning resources that students don't know about. Having a blog and being able to post them all in one place is a great way to give students those extra engaging tools to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your idea of using a class blog for providing links for the students that relate to the material being learned in class sounds like an excellent idea. You could also use a class blog to showcase some of the students's workl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your ideas! It is really helpful for language teachers to provide various materials to students on the blogs with an easy access! Also, teachers are able to develop their professionals by keeping their journeys and what they arranged on the blogs. Thank you for sharing your ideas^^!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your article is so clear and to the point. Providing links and keeping records are truly two main advantages of blog. Nice sharing~

    ReplyDelete