Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Attending Twitterchat #ntchat

   
     This is my first time to attend the Twitterchat. I followed the #ntchat on Wednesday night. This #ntchat was provided for new teachers. The topic of this week was about social studies, and four discussion questions were posted during the one hour chat:
     Question 1: What do you think is the purpose of teaching social studies in the classroom?
     Question 2: What strategies can we use in social studies to reach beyond the classroom walls to make global connections?
     Question 3: Do social studies textbooks still have a place in today's classrooms?
     Question 4: How can social studies be integrated with other subject areas in a meaningful way? Thoughts?


     Through this one hour discussion, I got an opportunity to develop my knowledge on social studies. Moreover, I learned some new and meaningful ideas from others who participate in this chat. For example, I agree with others' opinion on it is important to involve social studies in classroom since students will be able to know the whole world rather than a small area where they live.


     Therefore, I feel that Twitterchat can be used as a good way to learn some new ideas while sharing my own opinions with others, especially other experienced teachers who have more knowledge. Additionally, Twitterchat provides me with a chance to get connections with different teachers and educators all over the world. This is important and meaningful since I am able to learn different cultures and education systems from different countries. Through this one hour chat, I effectively connect myself with the whole world. As a future language teacher, I think learning about multicultural is important. In addition, many of the discussion questions in the Twitterchat are questions I have never thought about, so I gain a good opportunity to think more, share more, and receive more through this Twitterchat, which will help me to build more professional knowledge on my future teaching.

1 comment:

  1. I have never attended a New Teacher Twitterchat. I'm glad that you had a good experience.

    ReplyDelete